What if I’m out of work? How will I afford the treatment I need?
We have successfully handled cutting edge litigation and our Civil Litigation attorneys have a reputation for innovative approaches and cost effective service. They maintain a trial practice in all Massachusetts and Rhode Island State and Federal Courts.
When you need a personal injury lawyer, you want one with the experience and capability to win. Because we are a medium-sized firm with a high partner-to-associate ratio, your major case matters are routinely under the control of experienced members of the firm, not passed through layers of associates and support staff. We emphasize a team approach and draw upon the talents of attorneys concentrating in various practice areas. Our lines of communication are open, informal and efficient, yielding clients who are happy with both results and cost.
Some Facts About Personal Injury
Have you been in a car accident or injured?
If you are involved in an automobile accident, your insurer will require you to take certain actions.
- Call an ambulance or police and cooperate with them. You need to do whatever is reasonable to protect the automobile from further damage or loss.
- Under Massachusetts law you must notify state or local police and the Registry of Motor vehicles within five days if there is anyone injured, no matter how slight, or if there is property damage which may exceed $1,000.
- You must notify the police and the insurer within 24 hours if your automobile is stolen or if you have been involved in a hit and run accident.
- You must report a fire loss to the fire department and provide notice to the police and fire on a form required by law.
- To avoid coverage issues, notify your insurer or agent promptly following the accident or loss.
- Anyone covered by the policy must cooperate in the investigation, settlement and defense of any claim or lawsuit.
Because time limitations or notice requirements may be critical to whether a claim is paid, you should seek legal counsel as soon as possible following an accident.